Saturday 7 November 2015

When you think no one notices....

Back at the beginning of June I received an email regarding my working on a project that 'might just interest me'.
Forward 3 months later and I'm working on said 'project' as it did very much interest me! I can't really say much yet as I had to sign a none disclosure form but what I can say is I'm thoroughly enjoying working with this team and it's been great to get to know them in a short space of time as they've already been working on this for a while. 'Hit the ground running' springs to mind, and that I did!

So, my title brings me on to explaining the situation around being asked to do this project; there was I sitting in my corner studio space, hidden away and oblivious to the goings on in the outside world....


Drawing and making has been my routine and people buy what I make or commission me, a nice little stroke to the soul ego, but usually I'm tucked away forming my next whimsical illustration.
When I received the email, I actually thought it was spam or some 'round-robin get as many artists interested' kinda message. But no, it was legit. Here's where the title of this blog comes in, the email said that a colleague of his had seen my work in the studio and told him about it.
This image in particular caught their eye...
 
Unbeknownst to me, cogs were whirring and discussions being had, which to little ole' me who hides away in the studio is a BIG thing! I had to do a test illustration for them, which got the go ahead and I'm now working on a really lovely project with some great people. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work, I've had to speed up, change my style slightly, use brighter colours, get used to making changes here and there and most of all really understand what the client wants.

It's challenging, scary and fun all at the same time and I'm bloody lovin' it!

I guess the moral to my story and one I remind myself constantly of, is:

'Keep working, keep creating, keep drawing, keep painting; as someday someone will notice, even if it's only oneself'.

No comments: